Backend Software Engineer
FAIRTIQ is the leading software solution that disrupts public transport ticketing. We use innovative algorithms to detect user journeys using data collected by mobile sensors. Are you interested to shape the future of public transport usage by working on our product using the latest technologies? Are you as passionate about our vision and software engineering? Then we are looking for you!
In our lean development team we move fast, iterate, deploy often and strive to deliver the simplest but useful products to our customers. It’s an exciting time to join our team in a tech driven company if you want to be involved in evolving our core product and expand internationally. As a Backend Engineer you have the opportunity to work on our entire software stack and learn about state-of-the art software engineering. When you design software you will have to think about scalability, caching, distributed persistence and resilience in order to build high quality systems.
Part of a 30 people startup, you’ll design, implement and test new features and improve the existing code. We don’t ask you to master the languages we use in order to apply because we believe a talented engineer can easily learn languages that are new to him/her. Just make sure you’re familiar with strongly typed languages.
Typically you’ll make your way to our office in Bern around 4 days a week. Live in another city? Not an issue: our new office is a 5 min walk from the main station’s platforms and you may work on the train. We have flexible working hours, but all gather for the daily standup and a coffee afterwards. On Fridays you may work from home and attend your meetings via video calls. You may also choose to work part-time, down to 60%.
We consider candidates with any level of experience with a preference for seniors. The backend code is mainly in Java and Python and uses MongoDB, RabittMQ and Redis.
Role & Duties
- Develop parts of a highly available backend with a micro service architecture.
- Write maintainable, clean, simple, testable, scalable and efficient code.
- Monitor production systems.
- Participate in the agile process.
- Work with developers and product experts to expand our solution worldwide.
Skills & Personality
- BSc or MSc in computer science or related field.
- Strong software design skills.
- Large-scale system design.
- Strong algorithmic skills
- Analytical thinking.
- Good team player in an agile team.
- Creative, self-confident, independent.
- Willing to learn and adapt.
- Proficiency in English.
- Dynamic and fun work environment in central Bern.
- Budget and support for self-improvement.
- Fresh fruits, coffee and massage.
- Flexible working hours.
- Part-time possible.