Business Development Manager UK
People do not want to buy a ticket, they just want to travel!
As a Swiss -based start-up company, FAIRTIQ has launched a mobile app that revolutionizes the ticket purchasing process for public transport users. The FAIRTIQ mobile app is based on the CIACO principle (check-in/assisted check-out). Before travelling by public transport, the customer checks in with a "swipe to the right" and receives a valid ticket for the defined travel area. After the trip, the customer checks out again with a "swipe to the left". The customer advantage lies in the simplicity of use and the fact that no knowledge of fare zones structures and different operators’ offers is required. See clip on Youtube to get an idea about the product.
A creative team of currently over 35 employees is working intensively to establish FAIRTIQ’s innovative solution and vision – «The simplest way to everyday mobility for everyone, everywhere» – in several European markets.
Role & Duties
- In order to promote further expansion, your task is to develop opportunities in the UK public transport sector and to lead the sales process. Potential customers include public transport operators and local transport authorities.
- You will work very autonomously from the Bern-based Company HQ, but will have access to the current ‘UK Ambassador’ who has extensive links in the sector. For this reason it is not essential that you have previous public transport experience, you will have great enthusiasm and tenacity, and a very high customer orientation, as well as a willingness to travel all over the UK.
- You will be convincing on the phone, be able to organize meetings and to take part in events and conferences – all with the goal of establishing FAIRTIQ in the UK market. Furthermore you act as a FAIRTIQ entrepreneur in the UK and lead the rollout of the first project onsite.
Skills & Personality
- You have a high interest in technology and sustainable mobility and excellent native english speaking/writing skills
- You have experience in project management and getting stuff done
- You're very result-driven, graduate, have a doer attitude and entrepreneurial personality
- You have a very high level of customer and service orientation
- You can listen well and have a quick grasp of complex issues and challenges
- You communicate very stylistically confidently and have a flair for convincing presentations as well as a cultivated appearance
- You are a communicative personality and curious to get to know people
- You like the startup spirit and are passionate about what you do
- Opportunity to contribute to a highly innovative product in a well-funded startup
- An existing customer portfolio in several european markets that is waiting to be expanded in the UK.
- The opportunity to get personally involved and make a difference
- Mobile office and flexible working hours, possibility for part-time work