FAIRTIQ is a mobile app that simplifies public transport ticketing using an innovative geo-positioning based technology. We use state-of-the-art technology and methods for the software development in order to support our rapidly growing user community.
FAIRTIQ Ltd was founded in 2016 as a start-up with the mission of creating leading solutions for public transport. Today it counts 30 employees with our solution working across whole Switzerland and pilots in Germany, Austria and other countries.
In order to extend our research capacity, we are looking for a Data Scientist. In the position you are going to work on our core system components. The position is research-oriented and the work includes designing and experimenting with different approaches to address the problem being solved, establishing quality metrics for solutions, comparing the results and iterating until a satisfying result is achieved.
We consider candidates with all levels of experience with a preference for more experienced candidates.
Role & Duties
- Participate in the design and implementation of the core algorithms.
- Perform in-depth result analysis based on a set of metrics.
- Propose innovative use-cases for FAIRTIQ data and products.
- Write clean, efficient code, continuously improve the existing code.
- Participate in the agile process.
Skills & Personality
- Good coding skills in Java and Python.
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Solid understanding of common families of machine learning algorithms, quality metrics, feature engineering process and other practical machine learning techniques, such as feature normalization, overfitting and data skewness.
- Open-source project experience is a plus.
- Opportunity to make an impact on the way people use public transport via our product.
- Office space in Bern near the train station.
- Flexible working hours.
- Part-time possible (80% - 100%).